The Standing Committee on Transportation and Sustainability (ADD40) is inviting the submission of papers that are aligned with its mission of advancing the state of the science of sustainability as it relates to the transportation sector. We are looking for papers that address sustainability in a holistic manner, i.e. taking into account the triple bottom line (environmental, economic, and social aspects).
The committee is specifically interested in papers related to the following topics, aligned with the committee’s priority areas:
- Emerging Issues
- Application of big data and emerging data sources for assessing sustainable transportation
- Impacts of transportation sector disruptors (Connected and Automated Vehicles, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and Mobility Services) on sustainable transportation
- Global Perspectives
- Sustainable transportation and global sustainability goals (UN Sustainable Development Goals)
- Sustainable transportation in the context of climate change, resiliency and climate adaptation
- Sustainable transportation and the low carbon economy
- Implementation in Practice
- The economics of sustainable transportation – making “green infrastructure” investments pay off
- Reflecting public health and quality of life issues in sustainable transportation
- Performance measures and decision support methods for sustainable transportation
Based on lessons learned from past paper reviews, we recommend that all authors:
- Include a concise literature review that explains how their work builds on prior work in the field and contributes new knowledge to the literature.
- Ensure manuscripts are written clearly, concisely, and are proof read for grammar and typographical errors. For authors whose first language is not English, please ensure the paper has been reviewed by someone who can quality check English grammar and writing.
Before developing a paper, please check the Paper Author Resource Page and read Requirements for Submitting Papers.