An important function of TRB is to stimulate research that addresses concerns, issues, or problems facing the transportation community. To this end, ADD40 is tasked with developing a research agenda and disseminating research results that relate to sustainable transportation. This research portal has been created to post up-to-date information relating to ADD40’s research activities.
Since many existing TRB committees focus on specific sustainability-related issues – such as air quality, energy, land development, alternative fuels, and climate change – ADD40 views sustainability as an overarching, holistic concept. Thus, the Committee is focused on promoting research that integrates the triple bottom line of environmental, societal, and economic considerations.
Documents for Small Group Discussions – 1/9/2018
TRB Committees Interested in Sustainability
- NCHRP IDEA Proposals Due (March 1, 2018)
- TCRP IDEA Proposals Due (May 1, 2018)
- Calendar of Funding Program Deadlines
Open Research Projects
RNS Endorsed by ADD40
- AFS40 – Use of Recycled and By-Product Material in Soil-Structures
- ADD20 – Effective Transportation Agency Practices to Support Healthy Food Accessibility
Useful Information and Links
- Resources for CRCs
- What do CRCs Need to Know?
- Great example of how to use the TSP
- Blue Ribbon Best Practices: ABC40, AFB10 and AHB65, AFF20, AHB10, AHB40, and ANB25
Summary of Research Programs (each research program can also be accessed by selecting a link below)